My idea for improving Cougar Mountain is...

Using hand held scanner to add inventory

I think it would be great to be able to add inventory with using a handheld scanner. My understanding of it is that you need to use a + and - code in the import which will over ride your quantity. I think if you could also just + or - quantity items from the scanner you could post the same items in different batches without wiping each batch out. Example batch 1 has 5 golf balls scanned into it, import. Batch 2 has 10 golf balls in it so by just using the + on batch 2 it would just add the 5 and 10 to equal 15 at the end. Yes, I do know that if you scan the same item multiple times that it will add the count up when you import them.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Donny Moser shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Donny Moser commented  · 

Correct I understand this. MY point is when you do a "import by hand held" it's adjusting the on hand correctly however it's also placing numbers in the committed boxes of all the scanned items for some reason.

• Donny,
        The committed quantity is the number of items that are in inventory, but already committed to a customer via a work order, invoice or layaway. If you believe there is an issue with this function, please submit a Technical Support ticket at 800-390-7053, and we can have a technician diagnose the issue.

• Donny Moser commented  · 

I think there is an issue with importing the hand held file. When I finish posting the import and look at the information on an item it places a number in the committed box. I'm not exactly why it is doing this. We don't use committed numbers for our inventory. Thanks

Feedback and Knowledge Base